Lamotte Insta-Test 5 Plus Pool & Spa Test Strips
The Insta-TEST® 5 Plus pool & spa strip measures Free Chlorine 0-10 ppm, Bromine 0-20 ppm, Total Chlorine 0-10 ppm, Total Alkalinity 0-240 ppm, pH 6.2-9.0, and Total Hardness 0-800 ppm.
This test strip is a dip-n-read strip with instant results. Each bottle includes 50 test strips packaged in a waterproof PopTop bottle with hinged cap. The Insta-TEST® 5 Plus is also packaged with our Insta-TEST® Pool & Spa Owner's Handbook.
The bottle has a molded desiccant liner, which protects the strips from moisture and UV light.
How to Use:
- Store vials indoors away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Avoid pulling strips from vial with wet fingers.
- After opening vial shake out strips, pick one foruse, and then firmly reseal cap.
- Immerse the strip at least 12 inches below the water surface (in pools, in spas just below water surface is fine) and swirl the strip 3 times in about a one foot circle.
- Always lift the strip from the water with the pads face up (level). DO NOT shake off excess water.
- Start reading results promptly after removing the strip from the water beginning with the end pad (e.g. Free Chlorine) and then downward in order. This allows the pH pad several seconds to fully develop its color.
- Note that when testing a sample from the pool obtained in a cup-size container the strip should be swirled 5 times for proper exposure.