How To Repair A Safety Cover
A small tear or rip can be repaired by the installer or consumer with our safety cover patch kit. The kit includes three sheets of cover material (each sheet measures 4" x 8") with a crack and peel adhesive already applied to the material. Installation instructions are as follows:
- Area to be patched must be clean and dry on both the top and bottom. Use Isopropyl alcohol to clean the area to be patched
- Trim any loose threads or irregular material
- Lay cover on a clean flat hard surface
- Trim the patch with rounded corners so that it is at least 1” larger than the hole on all sides
- You will need a patch for both the top and bottom. Use the patch as a template and cut out another patch
- Remove the backing strip from the adhesive side of the first patch
- Place the patch over the hole and with firm pressure smooth wrinkles from one side to the other making sure that the patch makes full contact with the cover
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the bottom of the cover
- Ideal temperature for the patch adhesive is +70 F (21 C). If the temperature is below 70 F, you may need to use a hair dryer to heat the cover and adhesive side of the patch to obtain maximum adhesion. Application below 50 F (10 C) is not recommended.
- There is no warranty, expressed or implied, that a safety cover repaired with an adhesive patch will meet ASTM standards.